It is not enough to backup hard drive partition; you must have a tool to restore it. One of these tools for Handy Backup is a Disaster Recovery utility
. This utility has a capability to restore your partition backup even to bare metal. You can also make a non-system partition recovery from Handy Backup!Caveat!
For obvious reasons, do not try to make a direct partition recovery from Handy Backup onto a system partition containing your Windows and Handy Backup copies!
To make partition recovery (or to clone a partition by restoring a partition backup to some different place), please follow the next instruction:
- Open handy Backup and call for the New Task Wizard as described above.
- Select Restore task on the Step 1, and then click "Next" to continue.
- Browse for the index file (backup.hbi) located in the backup destination folder.
- Select this file and click "Next".
- In the Step 3 window, choose the details of partition recovery.